NRLC is hiring an Executive Assistant (Temporary, Full Time)
This is a full time position (1.0 FTE) with duties commencing January 7, 2019 and ending June 28, 2019; with the possibility of extension.
The Executive Assistant, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and supporting the work of the Executive Director and the Board. The Executive Assistant must possess the ability to adapt to new technology and the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the office operations, under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director.
The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in administration, business, or a related field.
- Proficiency with technology and web-based platforms.
- Accounting and financial management skills are an asset.
Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform the position may be considered
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, and abilities:
- Provide daily administrative supports to the Executive Director to ensure effective operation of the consortium.
- Provide support to contracted and seconded staff as required.
- Management of the office including receptionist duties, organization of materials, receive, review and distribute incoming mail, management of paper and electronic documents and files, as well as resource and supply purchases.
- Management and coordination of office software, technology support and maintenance with external vendors (i.e., website provider).
- Develop and deliver marketing strategies for professional learning opportunities and projects, including responsibility of continual updates to NRLC website and social media accounts.
- Logistical planning for and assisting with meetings, including minute taking.
Provide programing supports as directed by the Executive Director, such as:
- contact suitable presenters, organize learning opportunities/programs and negotiate contracts on an as-needed basis.
- create and manage speaker/facilitator contracts and/or agreements and maintain ongoing communication with speakers/facilitators as liaison with the consortium.
- coordinate all aspects of a learning opportunity event from initial data base set-up to final participant reports, including hosting of events.
- manage and maintain reporting, including, providing program data analysis and reporting of professional learning opportunities.
- Manage and maintain on-line payment system, (ie: credit card processing).
- Provide public relations service to partners, stakeholders, presenters, and others as directed by the Executive Director.
- To accept other delegated responsibilities at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Please submit a resume, with references, and letter of application that demonstrates the extent to which your education and experiences fulfills the knowledge, skills and attributes for this position.
Deadline for receipt of submissions is December 12, 2018.
Please submit your application to Sandra Ciurysek, NRLC Executive Director at www.applytoeducation.ca
About the NRLC
Northwest Regional Learning Consortium (NRLC) is one of 7 consortia in Alberta established to support regional and provincial professional development needs for all those who influence student learning. NRLC is governed by six (6) education stakeholders (CASS, ASCA, ASBA, ASBOA, Faculty of Education-University of Alberta, and Alberta Education), and is responsive to the needs of school authorities in its role of creating professional learning opportunities in an ongoing, coordinated and cost effective manner. Our mission is “Partners in Adult Learning for Students’ Sake” and we provide a wide range of learning opportunities for school jurisdictions, private, charter and band-operated schools in Northern Alberta. NRLC operates under an Agent Board Agreement with the Grande Prairie Public School District.